DISTRICT | Single Origin Ethiopia | Subscription
Ethiopian Organic Yirgacheffe
This coffee comes from the YCFCU (Yirgacheffe Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union). The coffee displays the hard work and dedication of one of the members, the Konga Cooperative representing 2400 small holder farmers that distinguish themselves by their impeccable attention to detail in processing.
Ethiopian heirloom varietals are chosen from the forest and transplanted to small gardens, adding a layer of selection to the incredible complexity available among wild coffee plants. Farmers hand-sort for unripe and overripe cherries. Coffee is pulped with a 5 disc pulper and wet fermented for 24-36 hours. After some sorting based on density, the fermented coffee is washed in clean water before drying for 1 to 2 weeks on cloth drying beds. Workers cover the coffee with plastic at midday and at night. Once dried, the coffee is screened 14 and up.
In keeping with DISTRICT Roaster's value of giving back, the Konga Cooperative's mission is to give back to their local community through renovating schools and providing school supplies.
- Region: Yirgacheffe
- Altitude: 1900-2300 meters
- Variety: Arabica, Heirloom Varietal
- Process: Fully washed, dried on African beds
- Aroma: Cane sugar, lemon
- Body: Smooth
- Acidity: Lemony, sweet
Flavor Notes: Apricot preserves, sweet lemon, delicate florals, smooth body. Pleasant, subtle complexity with a hint of jasmine.
Ever get tired of shopping? Wish you could have the very best and highest integrity coffee show up at your doorstep every week? Well, look no further.
DISTRICT Roasters has the subscription plan you've been looking for. We take the hassle out of getting your favorite 4th wave specialty coffees to you. Every 12oz. bag of coffee is roasted the day before its shipped so you're always assured of the best freshness, aroma, and taste. Every single time.
How it works:
- Select the number of bags you wish to receive each month (for instance, "Two Bags"). Your coffee will ship once per month, on the date you specify.
- The "Top Shelf Four Bags" subscription ships four bags of coffee each month, split up in two separate shipments to maintain freshness. The first on the date you specify, the second two weeks from that date. The most exclusive subscription of them all.
Join the movement to the best coffee experience and the convenience of scheduled delivery. Join DISTRICT in making a difference in your and other's lives.
- All prices listed are per shipment, including shipping costs. You will only be billed at the time of shipment.
- By signing up for a coffee subscription you are authorizing DISTRICT Roasters to ship the coffee for the duration chosen and bill your credit card on file for each shipment.